Sunday, February 17, 2013

my new discovery, Gotye

So, I've been listening to Gotye's music all week, ever since I discovered him last Sunday night while I was half-jokingly watching the Grammys just so that I could tease and tweet about Carrie Underwood's ridiculous LED dress. So, discovering gem like him there came as a complete surprise. I think I had heard his Grammy winning song, "Somebody that I used to know" somewhere briefly before and thought it was nice but never paid close attention to it. When I listened to the whole thing last week, I was like wow, holy christ, where have you been all my life? I guess he's been famous for a while now, but I always happen to be the last person on earth to find out about everything. You guys do such a fine job to keep me uninformed of all the goodies out there. Anyway. He was a nice discovery, and I love his music.

And today, I found this documentary, The Making of Eyes Wide Open. It's simply enjoyable to eyewitness the process of making a song and it really shows you how carefully, meticulously, yet spontaneously he creates his music.



He's truly an exceptional artist. Not to mention he's so hott and can speak Japanese.
Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment